Thursday, March 13, 2014

Hands-on Bible NLT - Review

Hands-on Bible NLT is a Bible specially created for kids of all ages. When it said hands-on it meant hands-on for real. It is not your typical life application kind of Bible which usually has a few questions at the end of a Bible story and the kids answer them, but it filled with fun activities and experiments which establish the truth being explained in the story.


Let me give you an example.
In the story of Moses we read about Moses floating down the Nile and how God watched over him so his tiny basket did not tip over.  Now, along the sideline of this story the Hands-on Bible has an experiment a child can do with a floating egg. At the end of the experiment the child can answer questions on how God has watched over his/her life.

The illustrations, where required, are funny and exciting. My girls enjoyed some of the silly faces and these also helped them to remember the specific stories from the Bible. The cover is interestingly designed too.

New Living Translation is my other favorite Bible translation to read during my own study, apart from the Amplified Version and I was thrilled that my 6 year olds can also enjoy their studies from the Bible in a language which attempts to explain the history of the Bible closest to its original rendering.

I would recommend this Bible for Kid's Bible Studies, Sunday School and even for moms who need something to motivate their kids into getting excited about the wonderful Word of God.

I received Hands-On Bible NLT compliments of Tyndale House Publishers for my honest review. I did not receive any monetary compensation for a favorable review and the opinions expressed are strictly my own.



No comments: